Friday 5 January 2018

Let''s live.

Today was one of the DP's escape days/bird watching and photographing .

Late yesterday I realised I had a chest infection.  Yet another, tho not since July last year, and whence it came I know not.  I have been avoiding people, cafes, shops, crowded spaces for months.  So after checking the sell by dates I commenced the antibiotics I have in house.

Today if I wanted my usual breakfast provided I had to get up early, which I did.  As the DP was escaping.  I did it.

So I decided to go for my usual afternoon walk in the morning.  Rather than the afternoon.


It was a struggle to do my normal zip up coat, gloved and hatted, get chariot out of car and on to the promenade.  I got as far as the railings.  It was cold, it was raining and a bit breezy.  I decided I was being really stupid, because I was struggling so much,  took the above photo with the zoom lens and got back into the car and came home.

In the afternoon I had Victoria visit.  She is my foot lady.  I had my nails clipped, my feet shaved and whatever.  She also applied the Athletes Foot cream and told me I had to wear socks.  I stopped wearing socks when I could no longer easily put them on.  I did not know I had Athletes foot.  Hey ho.  She put the socks on.  Peppa Pig ones,  forgot I had them.  I do have other socks.  But it is more jobs for the DP, but then we do get the Attendance Allowance.

So tomorrow, and the next six days I have to cleanse the feet, apply  the cream and wear socks.  I really do not think I am up for all this old age stuff.  But I will try.

The DP returned from his bird watching jaunt.


A Smew.  I know nothing about Smews.

He was well pleased.

I am fast becoming more of the mind that I will meet up with friends, have coffee, lunch whatever and stop avoiding social meetings.  Have avoided and still ended up with chest infection.  So let's live.

4 comments:

DUTA said...

You do well to avoid the crowds. You should, perhaps, also avoid the nasty weather.
Feel well soon!

Chris said...

Jill, hope all your friends have had their 'flu shots before you socialize with them.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Think your good HARD thoughts from Scotland are helping - he felt a bit better yesterday.
Hope you get out today. Smew.... are they called that because of the noise they make.
Sending Suffolk good thoughts to you

kjsutcliffe said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, but definitely get yourself feeling better and meet folk - look after your wellbeing not just your health. The power of friends should never be underestimated xx wish I was closer, I'd stick the kettle on and have a natter with you x