Thursday 18 January 2018

Sorting out.

No more snow.  But some frost on top and still icy and cold.  Although the wind has dropped.


So we still have the snow.



Brrr.


My intentions of extending the distance on my walk were stymied by the sheet ice on the Prom.  I dare not risk my fragile bones.


A trio of Black Headed Gulls having fun in the surf.


And a Redshank.


Back home I finished the pen and ink sketch of the Redshanks.

More mundane stuff.  I have been in contact with the company with the lime green chairs.


Both the DP and I and hopefully Sith like the chairs so I have ordered them.  Guess what NO delivery charge???!!!

A tad confused.  The reply to my rant was that they used an experienced delivery team.  Which apparently therefore need more money to apply that experience in the North East of Scotland.  Hmm.  

These are now coming as a small parcel?  In fact I am totally confused.  Two chairs with footstools are a small parcel? Yes I do have the measurements.  Not that small.  Will keep you informed, tho I am as bored as you are with all this.  

I have also ordered an orange blanket for one of the chairs for Sith to sit on and thereby not damage said chair.  That is from Amazon who use the post office who deliver countrywide without any problems.....

I also now have the chest of drawers from under the stairs into our bedroom.  I hope to sort out my clothes once and for all.  Jumpers, anything that will fold will go into the drawers.  Lots will be going to charity shop.  One always declutters in a new year.  

Sorting out.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Yes, this is a good time to start afresh but I, for one, find it hard to part with any item that has still some wear left in it and might possibly come back into fashion!

BadPenny said...

Is it doll's house furniture in a small package ? ! Amazon uses way too much packaging but I take it to the charity shop for wrapping glass and china.

BethB from Indiana said...

I always enjoy your posts. They are interesting, filled with great pictures, fairly short, AND, I believe, everyday. You have it down to a science, hopefully, or it would take lots of time each day to do all you do, and post, as well.

As a person with health and mobility issues, I know how much energy it takes to do routine tasks like getting going and dressed for the day. Any chores I do are also very taxing. You seem to handle it all so well.