Sunday 21 January 2018

Warmth.

God it has been cold.  Never got above freezing.

The DP disappeared today on a bird watching jaunt. 
I looked out, It was very gloomy.  No sun.  

Eventually I got my coat on and my boots and braved the path and the slope to the shedudio.  No way was I going to do the Prom.


Sheet ice.  Along the path, down the slope, on the patio down there.  Sithcat showed me how easy it was to slide.  Ha ha.  



I watched the garden birds, next weekend it is the RSPB Garden Birdwatch.



When on past experiences of doing the Garden Birdwatch.  They all disappear for that hour that you count.



So, fed up of being cold.  Two electric heaters,  a convector and a fan blaster, yes giving me warmth, but at what cost?



So I contacted my stove supplier.  And I can have a wood burner in the shedudio!!!!! Yay.

The stove is low kilowatt.   Has to have a very tall flue., and I am sure a slate or similar
 base.
The DP has agreed he will clean it out and have the logs in.  Bliss.  Warmth.  And not banging the electric bill  up.

Warmth.

4 comments:

Chris said...

What a great idea! I like the clean burn contemporary model. My gas fire is very comforting but doesn't give out much heat. I would love one of these (except for having to bring in the logs!).

Anonymous said...

well that sounds like heaven to me, wood was our main source of heat for thirty years of our marriage, these last few years we have had to adjust to electric heat and its not nearly as warm,, I'm very happy for you!

Margaret Butterworth said...

Before you buy one, have a look into pellet burning stoves. I saw these in Spain. They use tiny compressed wood pellets which shoot into the fire automatically as needed. They are good for people without the space for storing logs (and require less work!)

crafty cat corner said...

Oh yes, wonderful, you will not want to come out of your shedudio, lol
Next thing is an intercom so that you can summon your meals. lol
Briony
x