Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day?






The Dawn Patroller and moi at the Lighthouse Restaurant at the end of our meal.


The Restaurant as we arrived, above.  
 

Dessert.  I had every intention of photographing every course.  But..... you cant mess about with cameras.  My first course was beetroot soup with Deveron Cheese.  I so wish I had taken a photo.  Supplied was a huge bowl with bits of beetroot, cheese, then a small jug of the actual soup was poured over the bits.  Wowee. 

We then had an intermediate which was a palate cleanser with a crispy effort made from raspberries which just exploded in your mouth.  

Our mains was sirloin steak.  I will not go into detail as I know I have Vegetarian followers.
 
Then came the above dessert.  So chocolate. SO SO chocolate.....
 



 Our chef Kipras.  He is 17.  Remember this - one day he will be famous.

At one point during the meal the DP said, " I remember taking my least favourite wife to an award winning restaurant ........"  I cant remember the rest of the sentence as I was not sure it was that romantic to be reminded you were the second wife  But then ,presumably, the most favourite wife?

Having said that I then lowered the tone even more when becoming somewhat breathless and being asked if I was alright said, "Well, I normally have removed my bra at this time of night."  At which point we decided to go home.  n.b. the bra comes off for comfort not x rated stuff.....

Happy Valentine.

 

6 comments:

Marjorie said...

What a lovely meal. I am envious.

Laura Whispering said...

That dessert looks incredible and has destroyed all hopes I may have been harboring of being on a 'diet'!

Unknown said...


Ahhh ... its nice to see romance lives on .. even when a girl cant wait to get home and take her bra off .. after stuffing herself with a fab dinner!
x

Mum said...

Lucky you being taken out. My DH didn't even know it was Valentine's day!

Love from Mum
xx

PS I think we should have burned those bras ages ago.

Terra said...

The setting and the food sound romantic.

The Squirrel Family said...

I am wife number 3 ........and the previous ones are referred to as number 1 and number 2 so I empathise completely :)

the meal looks lovely and I think the chef is destined for great things