Saturday 13 July 2013

Weddings at the Museum of Scottish Lighthouses etc.

The Dawn Patroller had a new task yesterday.  Being the Official Wedding Photographer.
Here are some of the pictures he took.


We did eventually let her in.



And she and he did tie the knot.

 


The Wedding Party posing by the net drying poles.
 

Climbing the stairs within the Lighthouse.



Out on the roof.  




Now theres a wedding with a difference!  Hope they like the photos.

The DP joined with them afterwards with a glass of Pimms.  Huh, where was my invite?  But did come home with a bottle of red wine. Yay.  

We toasted the bride and groom while being totally confused with Sherlock on the tele.

So back to earth.

Here is one of, we think two, baby Woodpeckers.  On the fence, 


On the electric pole, danger of death and all that, 


But can you see the swivel of the head?  Exorcism or what?!  That's almost better than an owl does.  And we humans have no chance.


So - what has the rest of today brought.  Well another Super Saturday in Fraserburgh to regenerate the town centre.  The DP yet again, Official Photographer, so more later.

I need to do a seperate blog on this.

At the homestead.

My Roses and Lavender.
 

Beginnings, I have been so busy this week I have only just got round to doing what I desperately want to do, draw, paint.  So the beginnings....


Which is what weddings are all about, beginnings.

5 comments:

rusty duck said...

Congrats to the happy couple.
Love those woodpeckers...!!

BadPenny said...

What a happy looking wedding party. I loved seeing the DP's photos.

I saw a woodpecker feed its baby on a fence in the play park the other day. I couldn't believe it !

All these years of not seeing a woodpecker & I've seen one twice this summer - one was on my bird feeder ! Are they coming closer to houses now ?

Anonymous said...

What a lovely wedding! It's great that they can happen at the lighthouse museum. That will be a talking point for years to come.

Amazing to see the woodpecker's head swivel completely around. I didn't know they could do that. They must be excellent parents - no need for eyes in the back of their heads!

Your painting is looking very promising. Do show us more!

Mum said...

What a great setting for a wedding - love the pole pics - wedding and woodpecker.
Love from Mum
xx

Anonymous said...

OMG!! that's me!! It was such a perfect day made even more special by the amazing photos. Just came across these whilst looking for the perfect photo of the lighthouse to get engraved on our wedding album!
Sandy and I visited the lighthouse in March to show our little girl where mummy and daddy got married. We will be back up next month for our anniversary.
Once again thank you for capturing our day so well.
Katy