Thursday 14 January 2021

Thursday.

 Friends of ours in their 80s had a phone call from their and our surgery on Monday giving them days and times for their jab.  So they have had their first.  All I have read says I will get a letter.  Not a phone call - a letter.  Another friend who works in another local surgery said to me it would not be long for me as over 70 and vulnerable.

Driving me nuts.





This mornings sunrise.  Last one is our new pond.


Later we went to the Prom and I got out of the car again.  I don't just leap out I have to be connected to oxygen.  Help with coat.  Then I can move off.



My happy place.

I walked.  Bird watching.

Blackheaded Gull in winter plumage. (No black head.)



Redshank with crossed legs.


As the tide receded the Gull Gang gathered.







Oystercatchers.

Finding it more and more difficult to keep going to be honest.

9 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Deep snow here and very cold. Keep warm and safe up there.

Carruthers said...

Now I know -from your photo- why redshanks are called redshanks. I'd never thought about it before.

Tigger's Mum said...

Jill your Big Skies are beautiful. You clearly love the beach birds as your photos of them are great.

Sue in Suffolk said...

So sorry that you are really struggling now. Hope you have sunshine and no wind to cheer up todays prom visit

mamasmercantile said...

Stay strong, they are getting through the vaccines quite quickly. Glad you were able to get out of the car for your walk. So nice to see the birds.

Tom Stephenson said...

Purposefully striding redshank!

Ellen D. said...

Hang in there! Hoping you hear soon!
Thank you so much for the lovely pictures - those skies are fabulous!

Somewhere round about said...

Beautiful skies! Maybe I need to be Up to see them myself......

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

As Ellen D said above - hang in there - I am sure you will get your jab soon. It is going to be a long winter for all of us this year - my mum is so fed up, not able to go out she sits on her own all day and feels there is not much at 95 to look forward to anymore - I feel for everyone in difficult circumstances at the moment and I feel very powerless to help. Your pictures always brighten my day though.