Sunday 10 January 2021

Sunday.

Birds.


Oystercatchers all in a line.


Redshank.

Common Gull.

Turnstone.


Sanderling.

Shag.


Boats.



Gull Gang.


And of course a Surfer.  There were more than one.

Its the Garden Birdwatch at the end of the month.  Usually all Garden Birds disappear for the hour one watches.  But its a good excuse to do nothing for an hour but gaze out on your bird feeders.  

No walk again.  But I will.

Used the non oil based moisturiser of nostrils this morning.  It is a spray.  Seems to have worked.  Another positive.  And I am still upright and enjoying my glass or three of red wine which is a few more positives.  Until I lose count.


9 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

I miss seeing the sea birds - I feel we will never see our cottage in Scotland ever again at the moment -I just hope we have no water leaks or damage to the property. Glad the spray worked for you.

Jackie said...

I love the metallic green streak down the one birds back. Very distinctive.

God bless.

The Furry Gnome said...

I don't think I've ever seen a close picture of a Shag. Love those Oystercatchers!

crafty cat corner said...

Hi Jill, I'm so pleased you posted the picture of the Turnstone. Yesterday I watched 3 birds flying along over the sea and wasn't sure what they were. At first I thought they were the little black and white one's that run about on the pebbles and lay their eggs in a shallow but these were bigger, I'm thinking they may have been Turnstones, they were about the size of blackbirds, what do you think?
Briony
xdd

Jules said...

All signed up for the birdwatch here as well. I hope to see some more this year. X

Sue in Suffolk said...

Always envious that you can go just a couple of miles to see such interesting birds!

kjsutcliffe said...

I also do the Great Garden Bird Count and my lot vanish too! Do you think they read the memo and decide to hide for a joke?!
The shag is a very handsome bird indeed :)

mamasmercantile said...

Great photos and a real joy to see the different varieties of birds. Glad all went well with the spray.

it's me said...

Enjoyed the bird photos. The redshanks are stunning and the shag a new one for me.