Friday 8 January 2021

Friday.

It snowed during the night.  Yes its pretty.  But I didnt take a photo.  


The Prom early morning taken by a friend.

My carer came in the morning.  So I am all clean again, moisturised.  Dressed.  The carer enjoys selecting what I am to wear.  Fine by me!

Before that we were woken by the telephone.  8a.m.  The Oxygen team!  No I am not to use the cream prescribed by the GP which contains Peanut Oil,  Any oil near Oxygen can burn... Told what to get instead.  I now have a water based spray and advice about having a break from the oxygen and when. Reducing the drying effects of oxygen on the nasal passages.

Nothing is simple is it.

Bitterly cold but the sun came up and the snow turned to slush.  The roads were still slippy.  Drove to the Prom using low gears.

I chose not to get out of the car.  There was a wind going across the shore so you could walk with it behind you but then a battle cruelly cold to come back.  So no.

The DP took the photos of the fishing boat.  They are so brave the fishermen,





Even in the sheltered bay the boat is going up and down.

 A red wet suited surfer.  

Sea and Surf.


The Surf school sledging down Tiger Hill.  Not such a good idea actually.  Damaging the Dunes.  Plus  self distancing and meeting only one person outside?

But the kids had fun.

Cherry Cottage has lots of cherry trees.  Two which produce edible cherries.  The rest are ornamental.  The name came from the people we bought the house from.  The original name of the house was taken across the road by our neighbours who had done the updating of the cottage.  Then built a new house across the road.

We have also put our stamp on the house.  More in the interior actually.  Made it lighter.  And of course my lovely Shedudio.  Which I have not been in for some time.  Sue in Suffolk asked us to list the houses we had lived in and where.  I started to think but then became too depressed going back into the past so I left it.

Looking forward is difficult but more cheerful.  So I am going to do that.
 

7 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Lovely photos as always. Sorry you had to sit and look instead of going out to enjoy, but it's better than being in the house all the time.

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

Glad you have been sorted by the 'O' Team - hope you can carry out the oxygen break advice without too much hardship. Love the prom photo very atmospheric - I was snug in my bed at that time of the morning. Has snowed here all day.

Chris said...

Do you open the car windows and breathe the salty air? I think I would no matter how cold.

Jackie said...

I am glad you finally got an answer from the oxygen team. Hopefully the new spray helps with the drying problem.

Love the photos as usual.

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

What a relief you had the sense not to use the peanut oil and that you have now got an alternative. No snow here but it is bitterly cold.

Tom Stephenson said...

Your friend excelled herself with that photo. I think a lot of people are ignoring the rules like those people on the dune.

Carruthers said...

I made a list for Sue but I know what you mean. I think I was so preoccupied doing the arithmetic for the dates that I didn't have time to think about the depressing bits!