Saturday 2 January 2021

Saturday.

 We bought a newspaper.  Really missed it over the festive period!  Done my codeword puzzle and another to do tomorrow.  Small things....

No nosebleed today.  Another plus.  

Still bitterly cold outside.

Starting the new year diary I looked at the old one for birthday dates to enter.  Couldn't help noticing how I have deteriorated  over the year so you will not be getting a round up of my 2020.  My aim is to be positive.

The trip to the Prom was made.  It is so important to me.



My blog is called 'Land of the Big Sky'.  The skies today have been amazing.

Tiger Hill


Quite a few walkers on the beach and the Prom.  Including me.  I managed out of the car and a short walk.  Cold, windy, and every so often it rained.

The DP went further and found the Oystercatchers in the caravan park which is next to the beach.






He also saw an Eider Duck in the water.


Back home and Venison Steak for dinner.  

Hoping to walk tomorrow as the weather forecast is good.




12 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Tell the DP, lovely Oystercatcher photos. I'm so glad you got a bit of a walk and the prospect of one tomorrow too. Weather is so important to getting out and about, and I will confess, I am a cold morsel but then I can't do temps over 70 deg. either! No hope for me!

Jackie said...

Your DP took some lovely photos, I do love your sky pictures as it reminds me so much of my skies here in Saskatchewan. Our motto is Land of the Living Skies.

So glad you got even a short walk.

God bless.

kjsutcliffe said...

It is bitterly cold here too.
Keep on getting your vitamin Sea xx

lynney62 said...

Hello, Jill....Happy New Year! I read your blog everyday and sometimes steal some of your fantastic pics for my "ancient" computer desktop (oh dear..I so hope you don't mind :) ) Just wanted to comment to ask about Sith Cat..I'm such a cat lover and was wondering if Sith was still with you? I remember you saying he was "getting up there in years"....I keep one of your pics of Sith on my "ancient" laptop...Just hoping he is still sharing his time with you and the DP.

Carruthers said...

Staying positive is something you really have to actively pursue, isn't it?

This was yesterday's "plus".... Someone bought Mrs Carruthers a wildlife camera for Christmas. We set it up next to the bird table. Still trying to optimize it but we did get a shot of the local woodpecker.

Jules said...

I'm glad you managed your walk today. X

mamasmercantile said...

Glad you managed to get a walk, great skies.

Sue in Suffolk said...

There is sunshine here this morning -Sunday- so hope there is some for you too so you can enjoy the prom

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

Happy New Year Jill - lovely photos as ever - and how nice to see the prom again I have missed it while I have been away from blogland. Hope you get those nosebleeds sorted. xx

Ellen D. said...

I am always glad when you get a walk at the Prom because I enjoy your photos so much! I am inspired by your positive spirit! Thanks for posting!

Tracy said...

Happy New Year!

Ruth said...

The colors in that first picture are so lovely! The pewter gray on the upper left, the bright blue handrail at the bottom, then the deep bluegreen way out on the right horizon really create a beautiful scene. Thank you for going to the Prom. Best Wishes every day!