Thursday 28 November 2019

The Almost Constant Feature.

Of living in the North East of Scotland is the wind.  Today we had it big time.  Gusts up to 30 mph.





Creating wild seas.

I got to the railings and did my sea air breathing.  But no walk further as the wind was too strong for me to do it.  

So I went back to the car and took these photos from the car window.



We then came home.  

I got cracking on guillotining the photos of my original paintings for the Christmas Cards.




Next is to do the folding of the card, stick on the image, put in envelope, address, stamp and post.  Oh not forgetting, which has been known, writing in card and saying who from!



While I was chopping up the photos I was bird watching at one side of the Shedudio.  Visits by two different Sparrowhawks.  One an obvious juvenile learner as it crashed.  Not the elegant swoop of the older one.  I was looking at the changing sky.  Cant wait for the 22nd December when it is the shortest day and then begins to lengthen.  Slowly.

My eldest daughter who is a research fellow at Edinburgh University has been and will be on a picket line outside said University.


She is the one in the high vis waistcoat.  Very proud of her.

So now it is the evening.  Feeding log burner, sipping wine, on my own apart from the cat and talking to you.

If you are a friend of mine on facebook do not respond to a friend request.  Delete and report to facebook.  I have been 'copied' apparently.  Oh and just to show you this


This was put up by Channel 4 as our Prime Minister was not man enough to appear on the leaders Climate Debate.  Shame on him.  It is an ice sculpture.

7 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Fox in snow is my favourite.

It was certainly a "bit rough" for your prom visit - amazing waves, they never get quite as big on our North Sea coast

wherethejourneytakesme said...

He would not have had anything to say anyway - as far as I can tell they are only interested in 'getting Brexit done' at all costs and a cost to the world if they ignore the urgency of this problem.
Be careful not to be whisked away in these high winds - stay safe and warm. Love the cards - did I miss the painting of them. Penguin is favourite.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

PS I could have picked your daughter out from the photo - there is a strong family resemblance!

Jackie said...

Wow, the sea was rough due to the high winds.

Love the fox in snow.

God bless.

Jules said...

A bleak looking sky and wild seas. It's very Novemberish. X

kjsutcliffe said...

I thought the melting ice was absolutely brilliant. A perfect representation.

hart said...

Bravo to your daughter. and I love your cards.