Saturday 23 November 2019

I survived.

I survived getting up more than an hour before my usual time.  Being dressed after washing etc. 2 hours before my normal time.  Also taking all meds early.  Then off to Aberdeen.  

After reporting to reception I was offered a wheel chair as we had to go to another part of the hospital.  A Porter was also offered to push me, but that involved a wait.  So I decided I would walk.  Had the DP pushed the large and heavy wheelchair on offer, also managing the chariot..... No.  He was quite willing but....


An incline.  Many corridors.  Quite a few lifts.  We arrived.  I felt I had done a marathon!

Had to strip off all clothing waist level up.  Then lie on left side on bed.  I was given another pillow so could breathe easier than being flat.  Electrodes fitted.  The scan began.

I was not expecting there to be sound as well as visual.  Hearing my heart beating was fine but the sloshing was not!  No idea what the sloshing was.  

All the photos and other stuff will be analysed and the results given to the consultant who will then tell me.  

Views on the walk were not inspiring.  I don't like cities.  You can taste the difference in the air.


All over with and dressed within half an hour.  Then it was the long slog back.  Out and into the car.  Coffee break at an M&S Food shop.  Then home.  I had had so many breathless attacks and resorting to the emergency inhaler so after lunch we visited the Prom.


Breathing in the clean sea air made the difference.






Windy enough for two Kite Surfers.  Bearable for me.  But I didn't walk.  Think I had done enough walking!


Oystercatchers.


Small fishing boat.

Sanity back.  

Glass of wine now.  Watched a Father Brown on t.v.  and relaxed.




8 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

What a day.Enjoy the wine and sleep well.

Marjorie said...

Finally the oystercatchers. Hope you are recovered for tomorrow.

kjsutcliffe said...

Well done, just think of how far you will have walked today xx

Jackie said...

After all that I do hope you get very nice nights sleep.

God bless.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope you slept well after your day out - an empty hospital corridor is an unusual thing to see

vic said...

Whew that sounds like a tiring visit for a healthy person not to mention someone with breathing difficulties!! I'm glad you have that over with and hope that the test results come out good for you.

Bovey Belle said...

Thank goodness that's done and dusted and I hope that the results are helpful for your future treatment.

I can imagine you were like a dog leaving the vet's when you got to the Hospital doors (apart from the tail-wagging!)

Glad that the sea air helped afterwards and the wind down (and hopefully a glass of wine).

hart said...

I believe the sloshing is the sound of your blood going in and out of the heart chambers.