Sunday 10 November 2019

Sunday.

Snookered again.  I was not reminded that this afternoon the DP was off on another Photographic jaunt...

So once again the chariot was loaded into my car and I drove off for the Prom.  Bitterly cold and no sun.  It was so overcast that my car that has automatic everything decided it was dark enough for headlights and sidelights.  It then pinged and showed a snowflake.  4 degrees.  I try to ignore all the information but it is difficult.

I got out and I walked.  


People on top of Tiger Hill.  Presumably taking a 'selfie'.


By the Kessock Burn are the Gull Gang.


Blackheaded Gulls in winter plumage.


Oystercatcher.


Redshank.


As the tide comes in....

Meanwhile the DP was photographing Harvest Mice.  These are captive bred so not caught from the wild.  A group of people throughout the U.K. share their offspring to reduce inbreeding.




The mice get to play.  And nibble.

So the FPS had a good session.  I hope to have some photos to paint from too.

All good.  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bovey Belle said...

Lovely meece pictures. I always enjoy your gull gang and oystercatchers too. When we had lunch on Friday, it was like a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds, as we were surrounded by morose-looking seagulls . . . Sorry it's so cold for you.

My son suggested I bought a bandana to use as a neck warmer, or to cover my head when cold (worked a treat yesterday) and also to cover my nose to keep allergens at bay - I can breath through it, so that helped on yesterday's walk (uphill all the way, though I was very dot and carry in the breathing department and had to stop several times.)