Sunday 11 August 2019

Windy.

But no rain when I went out to the Prom.



Deserted beach apart from the Gull Gang.


The wind was whipping up the surf and bringing it across so occasionally it felt like rain.


My walk consisted of me out of car to the railings and cling on.  Then I walked back to the car.


The Prom was deserted too.  With many parked cars.



That is my new KIA car.  They say the rear windows are 'privacy glass'.  Tinted to anyone normal.

Home again and in the Shedudio.


August and the stove is lit.  Huh.

Having our tea in the dining room with the birds having theirs out of the patio windows.


Young Blackbird.


Greenfinch.
Siskin.

No wind now.



4 comments:

Jules said...

I don't blame you for lighting the stove. I can't believe how much cooler the weather has turned. The central heating has just kicked in this morning! X

Bovey Belle said...

It has been windy here, but not as bad as we thought. I shut up the plastic greenhouse, just in case it got airborne, and now my tomatoes have blight. Blardy typical!!

Glad you got your sea air but am guessing it was blown into you rather than breathed yesterday!!

Your studio looks so cosy. That woodburner earns its keep. When I went out to feed the outside cats today, there was a proper feel of autumn about.

kjsutcliffe said...

We had to light the fire a couple of nights ago - it did feel an odd combination of cosy and 'what? a fire in August?' but it was comforting. This dampness has definitely cooled the air down.... summer is wandering off :(

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice car, I love the color you selected.