Friday 9 August 2019

Frustrated.

Heavy rain and high winds from getting up to now.

Central heating on.  In August.

My carer was late.  My usual carer was on a day off.  So the one I got was doing extra.  So 10.45 instead of 10 before I was hosed down etc.  Still I was very grateful to get done.

Daughter announced she was coming to visit from Edinburgh.  The DP realised he had no bedding so in the washing machine, and as it was raining, tumble dryer.  She then messaged to say she had changed her mind, not wanting to drive 3 hours in torrential rain.

The DP had a meeting to go to this afternoon.  So I did not get my trip out to the Prom.  Nor did I brave the weather to get to the Shedudio.

The gardener did not turn up to go through the garden design plans.  I had turned down all requests for Skypes as waiting for him.

On the more positive side my new tunic arrived a day late than the tracking said it would.


I am sure it will look better on!

Also in the post was a letter from the RAC.  Apparently as a purchaser of a KIA car I get a years free Roadside Assistance!  Can't be bad.

The DP braved the elements to feed the birds outside the dining room.



And we were rewarded with a visit from a male Great Spotted Woodpecker.



Note the red nape.

So tomorrow.  Nothing planned, no-one to hang about for who doesn't turn up.

So I shall be down the Prom, down the Shedudio.  Whatever.  Bring it on.

3 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Love the tunic. Thay's quite a bit of rain!

Jackie said...

Love the photo of the woodpecker, even though the blighters drive me crazy with their pecking some days.

God bless.

Jean said...

I love the woodpecker. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Very windy here but just few spots of rain and not cold.