Friday 30 August 2019

Friday.

Not a good day.  Started off ok.  Was washed, moisturised, hair washed. Thanks to my lovely carer.  Dressed.  

After lunch to the Prom.  Very windy and warm.  I forgot my camera.  Doh.  The DP took some photos for me.



Small boat.

Gull gang.


I used to walk up this path.  I call it the Path of Doom.


A Cormorant.

In the afternoon I had a visit from a Social Worker to discuss my care package.  

One of the things on offer was day care.  Day care?  Do I look as if I want to sit in a care home with old people?  And their germs?  NO THANKS.

I am still in shock.




6 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I suppose they have to offer it - my dad ended up going one day a week but that was more to give my mum a break. He even played Bingo and won a can of mushy peas! I remember thinkng at the time this is not my dad. Just keep going to the prom instead - perhaps their care packages should include a visit for everyone.

JaneB said...

Oh my goodness, you definitely don't want to sit in one of those overly warm germ-filled spaces - might as well hang out in the Drs waiting room or a kindergarten!

As someone who always picks up germs (and takes weeks to get over them - I have throat issues and lose my voice for weeks with every tiny cold, not good for someone who teaches for a living!) on public transport it amazes me how blase some people are about germs, even those who should know better!

Chris said...

You have your wonderful Dawn Patroller so, if you can manage when he's off on a trip, no need for Day Care.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

No thanks I can hear you! Thanks, though, when the time arrives in life when such a place is wonderful. There are folks that settle into being at a senior center as it is healthy for lonely people to have contact with others. I know people that praise their experiences, and look forward to being there.

kjsutcliffe said...

Oh dear, can not think of anything worse. Keep taking the vitamin Sea and the coastal air!

busybusybeejay said...

I think perhaps if you lived on your own then it would be good company but you have the DP.