Sunday 29 November 2020

Sunday.

 Sunshine all morning.  Don't it make ya feel good!  We got to the Prom and it disappeared....The DP set off on his 'I am going to lose weight walk.'   While I expended the same amount of energy getting my coat on.  Its the winter red coat now.  The one that has to be re waterproofed every few months.  Seems to work.

I had a very distressing session with a man I know, as his horse was let out of its field in the night and hit and killed by an unsuspecting motorist.  The man is not a grown up and never will be.  I talked to him about the future and carrying on for the other horses in his care.  I promised to look out for photographs we have of the horse and hope that keeps him from not doing owt daft.  So shook me.

Sorry. Helps me just to write it down.  


Kids were surfing.  Getting better all the time.


I see some strange things.  This man had a drum.  He gave the drum to the child and the drum sticks.  He left the child and drum on the beach and came up onto the Prom.  Launched a drone and kept shouting 'Drum, keep drumming.'  I dont think he will get an Oscar for it.  Had I not got back in the car I would have gone and asked him to explain please.



Boats.  There was a time back in the past when boats did not move on a Sunday.  Religious reasons.  Money reasons changed all that.




Wintry views over the bay.  There is frost today.





Ah Oystercatchers..... 


Skurries - Herring Gulls doing their worm hunting dance.


The pale moon rises.



The sun sets as we drive home.

So I walked the walk.  Shook up a bit but not stirred.  Red wine fixes a lot.  Sadly not lungs.



7 comments:

Life In The Seniors Lane said...

I love the photo first one right after the boats. You and your husband take awesome photos and your paintings are to die for. Have a great upcoming week. Jean

Sue in Suffolk said...

man with drum, child and drone - all sounds very strange. I'm glad you had a little sun - none here

kjsutcliffe said...

Very tragic for the horse and unsuspecting motorist - horrible :(

You do some strange sights involving drones. this last summer during lockdown, when you were only supposed to go out for your one hour's exercise. Our local nature reserve was heaving, the most full I have ever seen and we only passed through quickly. However there was a black lycra wearing teenage lass dancing a very seductive routine on the meadow (where the grass had just been mown so you can imagine the mess) whilst a bloke was using his drone to video her.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame about the horse. It is not that long ago that the ferries didn't run on a Sunday and there was a lot of resistance from the Islanders about them running. Beautiful sunset.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lovely sunset. You do love your seabirds don't you? Your photographs make me love them too.

Anonymous said...

Jill,
I was thinking back to the **** medication you were prescribed. Could you ask for a referral to a health psychologist. I was surprised to find how helpful it was

Just Because said...

What a sad thing about the horse and motorist. Did a stranger let the horse out? Such a loss.

Beauty on the prom as always.

The man with the drone could be splicing together a movie and maybe only used a short shot of the drumming child? Interesting to think of his movie.

We must keep on. Even though this seems forever? Eh?