Thursday 26 November 2020

I am a control freak.

I do not like not being in control.  

Obviously there are things I am in control of.  One such - just -my bladder!

Seriously now.  I am in control of the car driving to the Prom.


There were a couple of surfers today.





 Some boats.


Very few people.

I did the full walk,



Oystercatchers, Blackheaded Gulls and a Turnstone at the rear.  So I was well happy.

I get my latest blood test results tomorrow.  The kids have worked out that the hot flashes are part of having COPD.  My kids are amazing.  One has apparently sorted us out with a plumber.  It would be the icing on the cake if I could be near to them physically.  Thats the bad side of not being in control.  None of them are allowed to travel to where I am.




6 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

Love the sweet little bird on the rock in the last photo ("I'm the king of the hill!)

Here in the US it's Thanksgiving Day. Very few families are getting together as they did in other Covid-less years. Very quiet, subdued, and not a little sad, actually. We'll get through this somehow.

thelma said...

Bless your children. When are you going to paint a boat or two?

kjsutcliffe said...

I love the reflections photo.
All four of 'my' children (two sons and their girlfriends) have all had a CV test - two of them needing to self isolate and now that we are in tier 3 and with my elderly parents shielding but, like us, desperate to see the kids - it is not only an emotional nightmare but a logistical one too - how to 'split' the family safely without losing contact especially as one son is about to come back from (non existent) uni and his girlfriend is going home to her family.
I think I will just look at the reflections photo instead!

Bovey Belle said...

Reality isn't a nice place at the moment is it? Hoping thatthis sunshine lasts as long as possible for you as winter walks by the sea are a little brisk when it's wet and/or windy!

Glad your kids are helping - especially getting a plumber sorted out.

We are having difficulty getting the removal company to send us the invoice for the deposit on our move - it is close to lapsing and I am in a state in case they don't want to move us and letting it lapse is how they get rid!

crafty cat corner said...

Our Daughter and youngest son are reasonably close by and are a great help. I know they are always on the end of the phone and would come straight away if needed. The other son is in Scotland so not so accessible but they are good kids.
Pleased that at least you can talk on the phone and they are always thinking of you.
Briony
x

Jackie said...

I do so love your prom photos. Things look so peaceful.

God bless.