Wednesday 18 November 2020

Quieter day.

Thank goodness.  Stormy winds forecast for tomorrow.  So we made the most of it today.  Raincoat just in case as it had been raining.  

The DP had been out in the morning on a photographic jaunt.  Following on from the very successful Art trail in the town.  There is to be a crafters trail.  Also something called a Portfolio of the businesses in the town.  The Photographic Society were therefore taking photographs of the shops, restaurants et al.  Some with their owners standing outside.  When they are posted up I will share them with you. It is all about bringing the town and surrounds together.  So the butchers, the bakers, we have lots of independently run shops.  many of the chain stores have upped sticks.  Along with most of the banks.

The afternoon was our walk on the Prom.


Note the waterproof, windproof over trousers.  Putting them on is some task.  I need the oxygen!  


Still murky.  Tide full in and waves splashing over the lower Prom.





 Boats going in and out.  I think the above is a Fisheries Protection one.  Be interesting to see what happens after Brexit.


I had a socially distanced chat with a friend walking her dogs.  I hope they do not carry the virus as they do not know about distancing.  Very few others around.  Fine by me.


My happy place.



7 comments:

it's me said...

Being outdoors makes me smile too.

Tom Stephenson said...

If it's any consolation, I have trouble putting ordinary trousers on these days.

mamasmercantile said...

So nice to be able to get out for a walk, your face says it all.

Sarah said...

I love my daily dose of boats'n'birds - thankyou :)

Jean said...

I always feel good when I'm outside too.

Jules said...

I wouldn't be without my waterproof trousers. X

hart said...

Your orange coat with the blue rains look wonderful together, doubtless your artist's eye planned that.