Sunday 10 May 2020

No more.

SCOTLAND.  Our leader although not of my political bent has far more sense and intelligence and oh just everything more than that twerp in Westminster.

We are now allowed to go out and exercise more than once following the usual  distancing etc.  That is it.  ENGLAND  under Boris mad man appear to be heading straight back into an increased pandemic.  Which means more people ill and dying and the National Heath Service collapsing so its easy pickings for Trump.

I really have had enough and have decided I will control my own destiny as far as I am able.  I may not have long in this world as my COPD is incurable and my lungs continue to disintegrate.  So what I have left I am going to live it on my terms.   I shall keep my distance, wear a mask when in a crowded space, having said that I have avoided crowded spaces, shops, cafes etc for far longer than this pandemic beginning.  

I have to exercise to keep what I physically have working and not just collapse. Then I would be a burden on the NHS.   I need to exercise for my mental health also.  The place that is safe for me to do that exercise is the Prom which is a short drive.  I carry in the car my three wheel walker containing my oxygen supply. Late afternoon it is rare I see another person at the Prom.  I fail to see where the damage that causes to anyone else.  Yes I could have an accident, I could break down but I am well prepared for either of those events and really would we ever go anywhere in normal life if we thought what might happen if I drive?

I have agreed to shell out some considerable money for more paths in the garden so I can tramp up and down in safety but its weeks before the builders can begin.  And I need the sea air and sight of the sea and the birds.

So today after the snow stopped though the wind still blew and it was very cold that is where I went. To the Prom.  And I will be there tomorrow and the next day and thereafter.  

Cue trolls and Holier than thou comments......







Look at any of these photographs and relax.

Earlier at home I painted.



From my photographs taken while at the beach or on the way home.


Back home in the garden life goes on.  Baby Pheasants will come.

We all have a right to choose our own destiny.  I hope I get some respect for my choice as I respect yours.

I do however apologise for what may seem like a rant but really No More.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Do what you have to do! Stay well.Pat

Gail, northern California said...

Has it never occurred to them that the last thing you want to do is expose yourself? Good lord.....

Stay strong, Jill. You and DP are doing the best you can and that's all anyone can ask.

Mary Bolton said...

You go girl! I check your blog every evening.

Marjorie said...

Well done to your Right Honourable Nicola Sturgeon MSP on her sensible decision. Carry on walking on the Prom. I am with you in spirit every time and your pictures cheer me every day. It's your life, live it your way. You are not hurting anyone. Hugs to you and a pox on the trolls and unkind comments.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Sorry to hear you are still being troubled by stalkers on your blog - I think sometimes common sense fails in times like these - maybe through fear or maybe because some people see the world in black and white terms when in fact we lead very individual grey lives. I see no reason why you should not go to the prom to exercise if you are disturbing no-one. Yes you might break down or have an accident but you could have an accident staying home or in the garden - or you might break down on the way to the shops or chemist or doctors - let's hope not.
I would so love to see your pictures in real life and one of my wishes would be to visit your lovely area when this is over and see your paintings.
In the words of the song - 'Let's do the prom walk again' !! Keep smiling and walking Jill x

DUTA said...

You should publish those comments. It makes one curious; after all, you harm no one by going to that usually deserted prom. So, what's their point exactly?

I know about myself that I won't go even near to the sea except during summer, as I usually catch a cold. But anyone that feels good in the sea area should go there as much as one pleases.

Bovey Belle said...

Sorry you have been having problems with Trolls and people who have nothing better to do with their time but be ultra critical - walk a mile in my shoes is what I would say to them . . .

Bitter cold here this morning and glad I put the runner bean and sweet pea seedlings (ready to go in but held back because of the threat of frost (in MAY!?! unheard of here).

Lovely to see those Turnstones. Will you paint them do you think?

Tesco have let you down badly. We have been approached by Asda, who DO want our money (though it's nice to think they are being helpful too!) and so have changed our allegience.

Sooze said...

You're hurting no one, and helping yourself to stay as well as you can, physically and mentally. You do what you need to do and who cares what anonymous trolls think? I love your pictures - photos and paintings. It's no wonder views like you have on the prom make you feel better.

mamasmercantile said...

A little flurry of snow here too, bitterly cold so take care on your walk I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little frost this morning.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I wondered if you had had snow after seeing the weather forecast.
I'm glad it went so you could get to the prom.
Very windy here this morning - hope you are able to get out again today

Scarlet said...

You know what you need more than any blog reader, even if their intentions are good. You've said consistently that the prom is the best place for both your physical and mental well-being, and that should be good enough for anyone. Your life. Your choice.
And yes, your leader is a vast improvement on ours, here in England.

Elaine said...

I love your blog. I hate trolls. Ignore them and just concentrate on those of use who love you. I love your paintings too.

Jean said...

Your paintings are wonderful. To get away from people, I take a longer walk out into the country then sit in a field with not a soul about and listen to skylarks. Strictly speaking up until now we are not supposed to sit outside just keep walking. There is nobody about to infect me or be infected and it does me good mentally and physically. So I hope you keep enjoying the prom and showing us your lovely photos.

Lynda said...

Keep on as you are! Who are you hurting by walking on a deserted prom?
I think the path idea is wonderful! The grandchildren will love them, too, when they are able to visit again!
Life is hell here in the US with trump...glad you are somewhere more sensible...sorry Boris seems to be happily flowing his lead...