Wednesday 13 May 2020

DIY for the Left handed.

Is impossible.  So Saith the D.P.

Putting together our new planter/bench necessitated a trip to Lidl to see if they had a battery driven thingy to put the screws in.  We had every tool you could think of but gave them all away sometime ago.  Lidl did!  But so far even that has defeated the left hand.  However we do have some new hanging baskets from ASDA.



Well pleased apart from I must remember to be wary of drips from above.



The Geese are finished.  I contacted my framer who seems to be unaware of anything going on as he said he would come and collect the painting......

The DP had his second appointment of three this week at the doctors for them to look at his foot.  He got the chariot out of my car and then went on to see the nurse.








I had a good walk with plenty to see.

I was amused and pleased to catch sight of a couple and their dog who would have had to drive to the Prom from where they live.  Having had quite a lot of comments against my outings and Prom visits  I took great pleasure from waving at them!

Trips to supermarkets also necessitated as we received no food boxes this week from the Council.  Intended to support us in staying home.  Hmmmmm.  I have reported the absence.  Also the problems we are having with supermarket deliveries.  People far worse off than us.  




5 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Oh, I love your geese! You did a wonderful job on that! The Prom pics are terrific as usually - the blue sky and the lovely water along with those terrific birds that are ready to pose for you. How nice! Thanks!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

No social distancing for the geese then!! As above comment great job Jill. I wonder if your prom will get busy again soon - people here in England seemed to be doing there own 'easing out' of lockdown before any announcements were made!

Chris said...

Lovely pic of your shedudio with the hanging baskets and the tree in blossom in the background. You are quite a bit ahead of us. The trees here are just coming into leaf.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Oh that sea! and the touch of green in the wave breaking - wonderful.

Perhaps the couple had been listening to English news!

mamasmercantile said...

The baskets look wonderful and I love the geese I am sure it will look amazing framed. Hope all went well with DP foot appointment. Take care.