Wednesday 20 May 2020

HOT!

Too hot for me.  Lovely at the Prom as it is never too hot there, just right.  Unfortunately for me the good weather had brought more people.




Who upset the Gull Gang.

So I was back in the car. trapped.....


Two of the human characters I meet on the Prom.  On the right is Tony and Scott, the horse.  On the left a chap who wangs a piece 0f wood for the dogs into the sea for them to fetch.  And his daughter in the buggy.  I have never met before, or even knew of her existence.  She was introduced to Scott.  But I had to keep my distance.

People mean such a lot to me.  A smile, leads to a 'Fitlike?'  A wave and a smile costs nothing.  The warmth it gives back to you is priceless.  The fact they all came to say How you doing and carry on their chat albeit I am sat in the car - lovely.

4 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I could sense the smile on your face from reading that. I bet it felt like life was normal - just for a wee while. Odd how much a simple smile,or a wave, or a cheery hello make SUCH a difference at the moment, when we are cut of from normality.

It was very hot here today too and I have been lurking inside as I still don't know whether the pollen is affecting me or not. The peak flow meter I was sent stubbornly records exactly the same peak flow reading all the time, so I have just bought myself one with an oval mouthpiece (t'other one is round) so hopefully I can do a proper recording PUFF!

Chris said...

Still not too busy despite the nice weather. I'm intrigued by the guy with the horse. Does he ride it along the sands?

justjill said...

Chris he rides the horse to the beach and back. He leads it while on the prom. He is one of the groundsmen at the golf course. I think he probably deserves a post to himself. Quite a character.

mamasmercantile said...

Everybody waves and smiles these days ...long may it last!