Wednesday 22 April 2020

More food boxes.

Arrived today.  This to be weekly and we get a box each.  It is embarrassing.  How could one person eat that much in a week?  Well I couldn't.  I still haven't heard from a supermarket with a slot.  Once got I can stop the boxes for someone more worthy.  I could reduce to one box.  There is enough for us both.  But we both like ground coffee and Nescafe sachets are the pits.  No wine either!  Sorry to be so sniffy, I am sure I will get hit by the trolls.  But truthful I am.  So the DP still has to go to the shops.  For Sith cat if for no other reason.  There aint no cat food in the boxes.

Our butcher delivers and brings glass bottled milk.  And takes away the empty bottle.

Still on the hunt for a new mattress.  Our usual place appears to be shut so I may have to try John Lewis.  Do they take away the old mattress though?

Peace of mind down the Prom.




Gull Gang en masse.  I could hear Oystercatchers but not see them.  Ploughed up and down the Prom.  Feel so good when done.  Physically and mentally.

Now in a group of Sketch a day on facebook.


Wren.

Now off to wind down and Solitaire.  Stay safe all.  

P.S. 1600 in Scotland got better.  

8 comments:

Marjorie said...

I am hoping you get a slot soon for your groceries. Instant coffee and ground coffee are miles apart. when I spent time in the UK in the mid 70s, everywhere I went had instant coffee and I am not a fan. I am also not a tea drinker. One restaurant in Chester made good coffee and my cousin had me try turkish coffee, never again. Always happy to see you on the prom, too bad the oystercatchers were social distancing today. Hugs.

Jean said...

I hope you can get a delivery soon. I'm not fussy about coffee but I like loose leaf earl grey tea so I understand what you are saying. Aldi are doing box deliveries but you can't choose what you have and it's not what we eat so I'm glad I'm still able to get our shopping.

Lynda said...

What’s in the boxes? I can sympathize with the cat food...when I tend to go to the shop, which is as INFREQUENTLY as possible, it’s mostly for dog / cat food. And I stock up...and I feel CONTAMINATED after...
The horse/ chicken feed we can order and pay over the phone and pick up outside..
Glad you’re enjoying the fresh air and sun. I enjoy your posts!

mamasmercantile said...

There must be a fault with the system as we haven't got a slot yet either. We are OK as the local shop will deliver. Nice to get the local butcher to deliver and fresh milk what a joy. Take care.

Bovey Belle said...

I was offered a free box by the Council, but said it was a delivery slot from Tesco that I needed. I am apparently entered manually on their list, but damned if I can get a slot. Another stay up till midnight jobby by the look of things. We have one last click and collect next week and then we're screwed for at least 3 weeks. I have a good storecupboard but it's the fresh fruit, vegetables and dairy that are the problem.

I hope you can get your priority delivery sorted too.

crafty cat corner said...

I managed to get a recurring slot with Asda so am grateful for that. We have cancelled the Gov box and will see if the email got through on Friday when they deliver them, do hope so as I thought the contents were not very well thought out. Any person on their own are supposed to live on the box for a week and the contents were odd
Briony
x

Lynda said...

At this point I’d rather do without than go to the grocery store again!

Jane said...

John Lewis took my old mattress away they used packaging from new one to put old one in !

With the box scheme i know some people have 'rehomed' items that they don't use /like to a local homeless shelter