Sunday 26 April 2020

Lock down?

Shops and businesses opening up right left and centre.

This government - not an easy job but not a lot of common sense either.

Not a soul in sight so I walked.

Tell a lie.  There was a Paddle Surfer but well out of the zone.



The Gull Gang.

Five minutes to drive then half hour walk, stop, breathe.

Back home and I noticed our spinney was covered in bluebells.


Proper Bluebells.

Down into the Shedudio there was a small Tortoiseshell in the pot outside.



So having kept my physical self and mental self into not having to burden the nhs I did my daily sketch challenge and began to paint too.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Super to hear you had the paints out. Look forward to seeing the finished product. Keep enjoying your daily excursions!

Jackie said...

Those blue bells are so pretty.

I know this opening up is scaring me half to death.

God bless.

Sooze said...

It's amazing to me how you can get so much detail and life into a picture with just a few strokes, such talent.

I shall be so happy when we can get to the beach again.

Meanqueen said...

I wish I could drive five minutes to a beach. The police round here even chase you off if you walk along the North Bank of the River Humber. I dare not take a ten minute drive to get there.

mamasmercantile said...

So nice to see the bluebells. I have never seen any here on the Isle of Lewis. Always a joy to see your sketches and painting.

Bovey Belle said...

Glad your bluebells are coming out now. I imagine the drawing and painting give you such pleasure, and we all know that the beach walks keep you sane. I am missing our seaside .. .

I got MY Welsh Assembly Food Box today . . . fresh oranges and (tiny) apples very welcome, and I can make yoghurt with UHT milk. The birds may end up with the sliced white loaf though and I can see I need to develop a taste for carrot and coriander soup! In quarantine anyway!

Ellen D. said...

I am not sure if the bluebells are blooming here yet or not. I don't want to drive to where I usually see them because there would probably be too many people hiking around. Your pictures bring back happy memories of my hikes in past years. Just lovely! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You can walk for half an hour? Past posts are deceiving.