Tuesday 14 April 2020

Corona thingy.

I was phoned today by my G.P.  

As a result of my receiving the letter from the Chief Medical Officer saying I was vulnerable due to my pre existing health issues the G.P.  had to ask if I did get the virus did I want to go to hospital or be nursed by them at home.  Note I was not asked if I should not be resuscitated which some of the more lurid daily newspapers have gloried in this suggestion.

I went for staying at home.  I can change my mind at any time.  Somewhat shell shocked at this conversation.  But never one to miss a chance.  I explained my problem with exercising on the Prom.  I love my G.P.  Later today we went to collect the following letter from a suitably gowned and masked receptionist out in the car park.


So armed with the letter I went to the Prom.  The DP was doing some essential shopping and of course there was a medical reason for our driving out too.  Combining all that with my exercise - all good.


Nobody around nor police.  So I walked and walked and breathed and breathed.  Heaven.  Warm, sunny, no wind.  So good.



Today's painting session went well too.

Our butcher is now doing deliveries so we are stocked up and with milk in glass bottles.

Awaiting deliveries from the government.  We decided to donate their food boxes to the food bank.  We had to go through this rigmarole to get onto the supermarkets vulnerable list for home deliveries.  Mad.  But still here to tell the tale.

Stay safe all.


9 comments:

Chris said...

Well done, Jill, for persevering. Enjoy your prom trips.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Brilliant news Jill - you are official now - enjoy the sea air.x

EM Griffith said...

So happy you got that letter to show any law enforcement, and that you can have your trips to the Prom again! It never made sense if you were there by yourself or maintaining a safe distance you couldn't be there. A lot of this doesn't make much sense to me, though.

Bovey Belle said...

Delighted to see this letter enabling you go to the one place which means so much to you (and your health). Glad to see photos from the Prom too. Let's hope this weather lasts for you up in your corner of Scotland. Here, I can foresee another draught year - we've nearly emptied the outside water containers already, so it will be water from the house after that.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Good news you are all official now. Hope the sun shines again today

Scarlet said...

So glad you got to the prom Jill. I'm going stir crazy, because it's just too busy to go for a walk here, and some people are showing no regard to social distancing. I was more stressed after I'd been out so have stopped going:(

mamasmercantile said...

I am so thrilled for you, common sense has prevailed.

The Weaver of Grass said...

It's all getting a bit surreal isn't it?

SusanM said...

Your doctor sounds lovely! I don't know if this will help but TPS in Turriff are delivering fruit, vegetables, salad boxes etc to individual households in the NE Scotland. The quality is brilliant apparently. They have a website and different sizes and selections of produce. I think there are other foods they deliver too.