Wednesday 18 April 2018

No coat, hat, gloves or boots.

Dinna fash yersel I was dressed!

Beautiful day.


Sunny, even the wind was warm.  


The sun was sparkling on the sea.  Although I took this photo of a duck? diving - and missed it....


This photo hows how clear the sea is.  Lots of weed gathering but that image indicates how clean and clear the water is.


A somewhat rusty bucket of a boat goes off on the hunt for fish.


As does the Lesser Black Backed Gull.


Back home and in the Shedudio I started to draw the Avocet, one of 3 at Strathbeg Bird Reserve.  So I can now have it on Buchan Birds and Beasts.


Jean asked about my cataract ops and the difference they have made.  Having a cataract makes the viewing foggy.  After my first op on the left eye the main reaction was that I could see colours.  Amazing colours.  Monet had cataracts.  Although Monet was diagnosed with nuclear cataracts in both eyes by a Parisian ophthalmologist in 1912, at the age of 72, his visual problems began much earlier. Soon after 1905 (age 65) he began to experience changes in his perception of color. He no longer perceived colors with the same intensity. Many of his paintings have a misty effect.  

The second op on the right eye enabled me better to see what I was drawing/painting -the shape of.  The 3D of it.  As they say two eyes are better than one.

Whether any of it has made me a better painter ah well.  Let us just say I do not get so frustrated or throw as much in the bucket!  I am just very grateful that some bits of me have been repaired by our wonderful NHS.  


4 comments:

Jean. said...

Thank you for your reply, and yes, I am familiar with Monet and the works affected by his cataracts. Your paintings, which I have seen on here, don't look at all misty which is why I enquired. Glad to hear that you no longer throw things away in frustration, it made me smile the way you wrote about throwing them into a bucket :-). I hope your new COPD treatment will improve your life in a noticeable way too.

e said...

I love your paintings and I'm glad to hear what the nurse has said about seeing a consultant. Best to you, and happy Sith cat is doing okay, too,

Sue in Suffolk said...

Shorts weather here, hope it is up your way too. !

mamasmercantile said...

We certainly have a lot to be thankful for with the NHS despite its shortcomings.