Sunday 5 August 2018

"You lead a narrow life."

Recently said to me.....


My morning was spent mainly in washing hair and myself, well the bits I can reach.

Then to the Prom, on my own.  Lovely day, sunny, with a breeze, not humid, most pleasant.  I even walked a bit instead of just getting as far as the railings.


Sailing boat.

Mackerel fishing boat.


Container, on the horizon.


Some of the Gull Gang.


The Kessock Burn changing direction.  Again!  What an idyllic spot - camping for the day.


A family metal detecting.

Back home.  I varnished the clock.


Tomorrow it gets its hands, other bits and pieces and the battery, then its up on the wall.

Later it was bird watching from the dining room.  


A young Robin.  Note his chest feathers now changing.

And a really pleasing view - a young Greenfinch.



Our Greenfinch population, and other peoples, has plummeted.  So it was wonderful to have two pairs this year, one of which has brought their youngster.


Well yes, I do lead a narrow life.  But I enjoy what I can do.  What I can see, what I can watch, what I can paint.  So this narrow life is nae bad at all.  Hows yours?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you lead a narrow life, you live life to fullest within the boundaries your health has set you,, and so beautifully, you have a wonderful strong spirit, that clock is a beauty!

hart said...

A life that you enjoy and one by the beach does not seem so narrow to me. Nice photos.

Beacee said...

How about a focused life? Focused on the things you can do and the things that give you pleasure.
I love your little greenfinch. We've occasionally seen an adult on our feeders this year but it's some years since we've had any family groups. I've just had a mad half hour trying to rescue a blackbird fledgling from the neighbourhood cats. I don't think he was injured, just wouldn't co-operate when I tried to get him into a tree while being dive bombed by the parents.
Hope tomorrow's a better day for you. x

Lynn said...


'Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence." Henry David Thoreau

Athene said...

How very rude! When you meet that person again, perhaps you should point out that you can travel the world and see it through blinkers. I think your life is full, I always look forward to reading your blog posts. Love the clock.

Chris said...

Beautiful blue skies - one advantage of this exceptionally warm summer.

crafty cat corner said...

Some people just do not think before speaking. We don't exactly live the life of riley here, just potter about with a visit to the shops but I wouldn't call either yours or our lives narrow.
Love the young Robin, one of my favourite birds.
Briony
x

kjsutcliffe said...

I completely agree with Laurie. xx

Sandi said...

That sounds like a compliment to me!

Joan (Devon) said...

How insensitive!

Catriona said...

You lead the fullest life you can in beautiful surroundings. The only narrow thing about your life is the mind of the person who made the comment. Can’t wait to see the hands on the clock.

mamasmercantile said...

Narrow...only you can decide. I would suggest a very full life, filled with beauty. That clock just gets better and better.

Lyssa Medana said...

I think you live the opposite of a narrow life. Whatever your body is doing, your mind is roaming and ranging wide! WS x

janipi said...

Nothing narrow about your life !! You find beauty everywhere and share it with others. Your photos lift me up. Your clock is beautiful.