Friday 17 August 2018

Downs and ups.

Today my personal carer was due at 10 a.m.  to wash the parts I cannot, moisturise ditto.

The DP was having an away day with his mate bird watching.  

When 11 a.m. came and no sign I did my own ablutions and got dressed.  At 12 I was thinking about what to do for lunch and the personal carer arrived.  Said she had spent 2 hours looking for our house.  Does she not have a phone?  I said there was no way I was going to undress as I was exhausted from having done so previously.  We parted fairly amicably.....

After lunch to the Prom.



The beach was deserted.

Apart from the, now, usual masses of Gulls.



Lesser Black Backed Gulls, Herring Gulls and many juveniles of each.



Black Headed Gulls, though the black head is now going as they have finished the breeding season.  Just a black spot at the side of the eye.  Note the red legs.  A favourite Gull of mine.



Back home and in the Shedudio.  The eye progresses.  It is hairy rather than feathery.....



Early evening and the young Pheasants come with Mum.



Through the window, Sith cat is watching - us.



Strange cat.

At last some good news!  I had a letter today from the Health Authority.  Appointment with Respiratory for me, towards the end of September but in Peterhead, so I do not have the horrendous trek to Aberdeen!  I may still have to go to Aberdeen if further tests are required.  But this is a good start.

6 comments:

Jean. said...

Strange cat ? No, Sith is a thinker, a pensive cat, a wise cat. The eye, well, I'm thinking horse or pony ?

Hazel B. said...

Sorry if I'm missing something, I'm a fairly recent visitor, I'm wondering why someone comes to wash and dress you when you're able to do it yourself if she doesn't come? I thought it might be to wash your hair but you said you did that too yesterday.

Your artwork is so good, have you always done that or is it something started more recently?

Sorry if you've explained these things before, I've only read back through a few posts, I skimmed through mostly looking at your art, birds and coastal pictures, all good.

Terra said...

Curious cat and great photo you took; my cat is hard to photograph unless sleeping, as shown in my post today.

justjill said...

Hazel B. I have COPD. Anything I do leaves me breathless. But I try! There are parts of me I cannot reach, my back, lower legs, so I have someone twice a week to do all of me, cleanse and moisturise.Otherwise there is a shower of dead skin. On the other days I wash my face, front, private parts, and struggle. Get a straw and breathe with that then you will understand what I go through. I started painting in 2011.

mamasmercantile said...

I did smile at the cat peeking through the window. Sorry to hear about the carer arriving so late, such a shame you never see to get the same one.

MarleneS said...

How frustrating the carer keeping you waiting like that, most people have a phone these days.
Love the baby pheasants I have never seen them before, they remind me of quail seeing them that small.