Saturday 4 August 2018

Struggling.

The chest infection is going.  The only antibiotic I can take still has side effects.  It makes me feel more ill than I actually am if that makes sense!

But I made it to the Prom, with the DP, in case I collapsed.

Threatening sky, very overcast.







Never saw the sun today.  It had rained in the night, the grass had raindrops on it still. So it was hot,  and  humid.  Not good for me.  




The Gull Gang were happy.  No dogs around!



A Sail boat way out in the bay.

Back home and almost finished the clock.  I will look at it tomorrow and if still happy it will be varnished.  As this is watercolour it needs protecting.



When I looked up and out a gentle rain was falling



Jean asked if I ever was marooned in the Shedudio.  Well I was yesterday.  I go back up to the house for the loo.  I have electric and water in the Shedudio but not a loo.  As you remember we were having heavy rain and hail and wind.  I had no shoes on, I had no coat.  Certainly have no breath to run.  So I crossed my legs.  Fortunately the storm moved on and I could get relief!  Other than that I have never been marooned.  I just got wet feet today.

As we were about to have our dinner I spotted two Roe deer in the barley field over our fence.




A blurry female and a Buck.

Hope not to be struggling tomorrow.  Night all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon, but you never lose your spunk,, I admire that, you are one tough cookie!!!! Beautiful painting, as always,, the deer shots are great, all the photos are,

Chris said...

Hope it cools off for you soon. The humidity is the worst, makes you feel like a wet rag!

DUTA said...

I like the picture with the overcast sky. We don't have rain in summer, but sometimes we get a cloudy sky , which is not good for me. I feel the clouds in my bones, so to speak. I cannot control weather elements, but I can admire them in a good picture.

Sith cat watches the area and guards the property. It seems you can rely on him.
Wishing you a great weekend!

crafty cat corner said...

Know exactly what you mean about the antibiotic's. Am wondering how I will get on if I ever need them again. We have literally done nothing today, just sat under the fans trying to keep cool. So fed up with it now.
Hope you soon feel better
Briony
X

mamasmercantile said...

Glad to hear the chest infection is now going, hopefully you will feel a little better soon. The clock just keeps on getting better.

Bovey Belle said...

I hope it is cool for you today and NOT humid. That is the horrid part when breathing is compromised. A wise move to take your dear man with you to the Prom. Sorry that the a/b's have such horrid side-effects. Some I've had in the past have been like that.

Nice photos of the deer.

BadPenny said...

Glad you still got out. How magical to see the deer x

Sue in Suffolk said...

Very Hot here today, hope it's better up there for you.
Love the clock