Tuesday 14 August 2018

Funny day.

Very humid, breathing a struggle.  I had a different carer today.  Not as good as the previous but very pleasant. She didnt wash between my toes..... Another different one due on Friday.  Exciting int it.

The DP was away on a bird watching jaunt to Aberdeen.

For my American friends, these are the wind turbines Trump objected to having in view from his golf course.  Photo by the DP.




They are very large.  But I think they are quite beautiful.

I got to the beach.  It rained.  I got wet.



Surfing lessons continue.



Lobster boat having dropped all his pots.

The rain continued, so I came home.  Then the sun came out and it became very humid.  



The DP planted these Sunflowers, which really are vertically challenged, some days ago.  Nice splash of colour along the fence.




Day Lilies I planted some years ago.  Blooming lovely.  Love the colour.




Crocosmia.



Great excitement.  A Willow Warbler on the Fennel.

And then ...



A Whitethroat!  Neither of which are seen much in gardens.





Almost 9.30 p.m. much cooler and at last I am breathing easily.

Funny day.

10 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

So sorry it's so humid up with you. Glad you were breathing easier this evening. I hope you didn't get TOO wet.

LOVELY bird pics - you are lucky with your garden birds, getting the less usual ones AND having the camera ready for them!

I hope your next carer is Just Right for you.

Terra said...

Lovely photos, I don't know how you take such nice close ups of birds but that last one is very good.

Susan Heather said...

I had never heard of a whitethroat. Just love that last photo.

kjsutcliffe said...

We've had rain for the last two days, today it is quite a bit cooler. I am rather partial to wind turbines too - elegant in a mechanical way. Not been in my studio all week - life just keeps getting in the way - tomorrow I have promised to lock myself in the summerhouse and get painting!

crafty cat corner said...

We have a large group of those wind turbines in the channel and the weird thing is that wherever you are along the coast they look as though they are straight ahead.
Briony
x

No Roots said...

It's a shame the twenty minutes 'feet up' had no effect. My mother is in the late stages of heart failure and any longer affects something else!
You sound much fitter and could try longer?
People down here didn't like the thought of the wind turbines. I like them, as I said on Cro's blog. It's also been quite fascinating seeing them built. Diggers getting stuck and all (Moby Dig).

Fifitr said...

I never took much interest in birds until I started reading your blog a few months ago but now I look out for the gulls on my local beach, so thank you for introducing me to such delightful creatures. I’m also glad to find someone else besides myself and my husband who think wind turbines are beautiful, especially in groups. I love to watch them as we drive across Yorkshire. But then we also like pylons, especially those in Northern France - like spindly metal armies marching in ranks across the landscape. Keep on keeping on.

Jean. said...

I love crocosmia, such a vibrant red. Mine haven't had so many flowers on this year due to the heatwave, and of course the blooms didn't last as long either. I love sunflowers too, but then so do my slugs and snails ! There is a dwarf variety called Little Leo which look great in tubs. Is it possible that yours are this variety, and not just challenged by the heat? Either way, still lovely.

mamasmercantile said...

Glad to hear you are breathing a little easier. I don't mind the wind turbines either, a great way to harness power.

Kris said...

I'd much rather look at those lovely windmills than having to look at Trump every day. *sigh* Beautiful photos!