Thursday 2 August 2018

Hmmmm.

Hmmmm feeling betterish.  Well I actually got washed and dressed at my normal time instead of lunch time!  Hair washed as well.

Spoke to the surgery and steroids prescribed, and now have, start them in the morning.  Instead of the usual 8 at a go it is only 2 a day for 5 days. Presumably the same mg as in 8!



28 degrees today.  It was decided I was not to go to the Prom. Sith cat moved as the sun moved  - he moved into any shade he could find.

I actually started back to painting.  More on the clock.



Once I have finished the 'water' I will go back in and tweak.  Then it has to be varnished as it is watercolour, otherwise it would fade.  Then drum roll the clock hands  fitted, battery installed and then hung.



Started a Brown Hare from one of the DPs photos, but dont think I have done the ears big enough....Should be room to make them bigger, hmmm.

The rest of the afternoon 



Looking out.



Views from the Shedudio.

The Barley field, this is Spring Barley, so a way to go before being cut.

The DP was out early morning.





More Hares or it could be the same ones from yesterday.





Two Roe Deer.



A Rabbit.

I also spent some time on the phone with Crossroads, the charity who will be supplying me my carer to wash the parts I cannot reach.  Cancelled tomorrow as I am really not fit yet. Coming Tuesday at 10, then Friday. And then that every week.  I shall probably get totally stressed as Tuesday draws nearer.  Having a total stranger sort me out.  Hmmm.

7 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am sure you will soon adapt to things.

What a beautiful brown hare - far and away my favourite animal.

Chris said...

I prefer the rabbit!

DUTA said...

My mother had a carer, but I was the one who washed her. She was almost blind, so I didn't trust anyone. I put her on a solid, plastic chair, one of those complete with back and arms, so she felt safe sitting on it, and proceeded to shower
her gently and thoroughly.
I suppose the woman assigned to you, has her instructions how to "handle" your washing, but she'll probably listen to your wishes.

Louise Stopford said...

Love where you live - Your garden is absolutely beautiful. So much to see from your Shedudio. The photo's are great. Your clock looks amazing - looking forward to seeing it finished. I bet it will take pride of place in your Shedudio.

mamasmercantile said...

The clock just gets better and better, I love it. You are certainly blessed with some beautiful views. The carers are so well trained these days, hopefully she will soon put you at your ease and you will develop a wonderful relationship.

BadPenny said...

I'm sure your career will be discreet and professional. Love the hates x

Bovey Belle said...

I hope they aren't two MEGA steroid tablets! Perhaps they think that a smaller dose for a few days is all that you need to see you over this "bump" - anyways, I hope you will be able to sleep, despite them.

Your clock painting is absolutely beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing it on the wall in your shedudio. Like me, when I draw (SO rarely these days) I do detail in one area and then gradually expand.

As for your lovelygarden, I have to echo the others and say what wonderful views you have.

Like the others said, I am sure your carer will be well trained and respectful of your wishes.