Saturday 28 March 2020

The Mystery of the Letter.

Anyone over 70 and with serious health issues will receive a letter telling them what to do e.g. self shield and what that means.  Also identifying them as needing special arrangements such as obtaining their drugs, food etc.  This letter was supposed to be sent out by the 30th of this month.  Very few have received the letter.  I have not.

I made enquiries.  Apparently if nothing received by Monday you have to contact your GP and or Consultant.

So I will.

We had lots of offers to collect my drugs.  Which was heart warming.  Also to get any shopping.  I am now on a facebook page called Coronavirus Fraserburgh.  Tells you local stuff like which shop has flour plus so its really helpful.

We combined the trip to the chemist with a visit to the Prom.  Very windy.  I got out to the railings and did some deep breathing.  Not a lot to see.  But as always my spirits were lifted.




No boats.  No birds.  No people.  Just wind.

The DP was in and out swiftly at the chemist and there was no-one else in there.  The Chemist recognises him and has the packet ready and hands over in seconds.  All good.

We haven't decided what to do about Tesco delivery.  One of our daughters has booked us in for an April slot.  She is up in the small hours feeding the baby!  The DP will continue taking advantage of the slot in the supermarket for the oldies for now.  Our butcher is looking into delivery to us, we get our milk from him too.  So more positive.  And has to be sorted.  

I did a bit more on the Redshank but I need to get back down the Shedudio where my art materials are.  Hopefully tomorrow.


I am shaking my own feathers and trying to get on with life.

7 comments:

vic said...

Good that you're getting things sorted. Gives one a bit more confidence that things will work out okay eventually.

Nothing much happening here (southern Indiana) yet. Most everything is closed and people are not to congregate in crowds of more than 10 people but it seems that most are just staying home with family. A few positive cases here in town and more in the counties around here but not too bad at this point. It's scary looking at the numbers climb in New York City and suburbs, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, Los Angeles, New Orleans but thus far the hot spots are for the most part in major metropolitan areas.

Bovey Belle said...

I've not had a letter either (and I should).

Like you, all the local shops seem to be organized to supply our community with fruit and veg, meat, groceries etc. Just need to sort out a pick up from the Pharmacy (although I believe they are meant to be delivering to us at risk folk). I shall be supporting them in the future.

I can say with great emphasis, you know who your friends are at such times. Glad that things are falling into place for you too.

The Weaver of Grass said...

My daughter in law hasn't had a letter either so they are obviously missing a lot.

crafty cat corner said...

So glad you mentioned the letter as we have not received ours either. Our daughter was on the phone this evening and told me to ring the surgery on Monday. She is getting bits and pieces for us at the moment but if she was to get the virus we would be stuck.
What a palaver isn't it, let's hope it rights itself quickly but I'm not holding my breath.
Briony
x

Lynn said...

If you have not received the letter then you can self register on gov.uk, I have had to do this for a relative. Perhaps you could put it in your next post in case Bovey Belle (and others) don't read this. x

mamasmercantile said...

It was heart warming to see people had offered to help. We have found the same we are blessed with good neighbours. Stay safe and well.

janipi said...

No letter for my dad either. I am getting food and prescriptions for them. I am scared for people without a network of help. Enjoy that good fresh air while you can.