Saturday 7 March 2020

I shall be the first arrested.

Apparently anyone over the age of 65 and particularly those at risk = me are not allowed to leave their home from next week.

Ignoring that lot.

Today the Prom.


Just the one boat today.  Must have fish as all the birds follow.


Today must have been meet up if you have a Retriever!



Away from the dogs an Oystercatcher and a Redshank.


The breeze was back.  But the sun was out.  I walked.

Once home I went into the dining room and watched the birds in the garden.


Our neighbours pony having a lie down.

On the 16th of the month our lane is to be closed for the council to finally fulfil their promises to move the signage and give us things to indicate its a corner.  Hoping our fence can then be repaired and not destroyed again.  Double incarceration.



9 comments:

Jules said...

It's lovely to see all the dogs enjoying the beach. X

vic said...

Wow, that's sort of draconian. Here it's strongly suggested for people over 60 with underlying health conditions stay out of crowded situations and avoid air travel for their own health, since they are more at risk for developing a more serious case of the virus. But so far it's only a suggestion. There aren't too many confirmed cases in the U.S. but several areas of community spread which is worrying. We're about 50 miles from the first case in this state but with a major university here (with spring break right around the corner), and a lot of residents being commuters to the city with the first case it's only a matter of time before it shows up in our town.

Not much a person can do but take sensible precautions and hope for the best.

Lynn Marie said...

I think you already are a master at "social distancing" to avoid infections - you're way ahead of everyone. But maybe you should bring a 6-foot long pole with you and strap it to your chariot to keep everyone away!

Jackie said...

I guess they would be arresting me as well. No way could I give up my walks.

God Bless.

Bovey Belle said...

Gosh, a black dog get-together!

I don't blame you for "breaking the law" - I hope your road isn't out of action for too long either.

Marjorie said...

I so love the pix of your prom promenades. Let me know if you get arrested as I will happily post bail. I hope people are sensible and stay home when ill. Hugs.

Sue in Suffolk said...

The huge gathering of dogs is a very strange sight - I feel I need to know more - like why?

It will be good to get your road done so no more damaged fences and I'm sure they will let you out to the prom for vitamin sea air

wherethejourneytakesme said...

...And you have just got going out and about again - I am sure they will make an exception for you.
Would be certainly keeping my hands in my pockets amongst those dogs - it was a black one that bit me!

Morag said...

Hi Jill, can you give the source of the ban on going out for over 65's? And which areas it applies to? I live in Scotland but haven't come across that bit of info.

Thanks, Morag