Thursday 17 December 2015

Getting a life - and death.

Two weeks on from when I first began to walk for exercise and regaining strength, after a fairly lengthy bout of ill health, I realised I had done double the distance.  


My turning point today was the start of the sand dunes.

My start point - the caravan site - now deserted for the Winter.



The weather yesterday was awful.  It just never got really into daylight.


This was the view from the house down the road.  I decided not to go.  But then it brightened up a wee bit and stopped raining.  


 Still murky.

But today totally different..




My Mother died peacefully this morning.  She broke off all communication with me ten years ago.  Never did find  out why.  But that was a frequent occurrence in her life with others so I wasnt too surprised.   Along with my being chopped off so were my children.  What a lot she missed.  I shall be raising a glass to her. RIP

10 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

I am glad that you are building up your strength.So sorry about your mother.It sounds like it was her loss missing out on all lovely family.

Tina said...

Sorry to hear that, Jill. My Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago too. Sending hugs, xx

Anonymous said...

I had the same thing happen to me and my daughter-thought I was the only person this happened to. Thank you for sharing this. When I think of her and I cannot even cry. I had a brutal childhood.

Anonymous said...

I recently found your blog and I am enjoying all of your posts. Love the rabbits picture!

Terra said...

That is sad about your mom and good to raise a glass to her. She missed a lot, I am sure, especially with her grand children.

Mum said...

My condolences to you at this time - it's a funny old world, isn't it!
xx

rusty duck said...

Jill, I'm so sorry x

Lilly's Mom said...

You live in such a stunningly beautiful landscape. So happy to hear your walks are going well. So sad to hear of your Mother's passing. My thoughts are with you, Pat

Marjorie said...

Hugs

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up on blogs for the first time in over a month. I'm so pleased to see you're able to take walks, but very sorry about your mother. So many mixed feelings... I once heard a minister talk about family ruptures, saying they are nowhere near as rare as one might imagine. Which doesn't make it any easier when it's your family. X