Saturday 6 June 2020

Saturday.

Our delivery from ASDA arrived when promised.  I am currently trying their red wine and it is very nice.  The DP is pleased as he was expecting to have to go into Tesco for their red.   I am quite choosy so far as red wine goes!

We timed our escape/under 5 miles drive/exercise - just right and the weather was lovely.  Now raining again and strong wind.




The tide was well in so no sea birds on the shore.

Some young surfers were being given a lesson.


Some grown ups were not practising social distancing.  I was back in the car by then so didnt have to circumnavigate them.  In fact I would have had to either shout at them or go back to the car......




Quite a few blue boats from Oban.  Not sure why.

Back home I skyped daughter number 2 and grandsons.  The 8 month old has just begun pulling himself up to stand.  Be off soon.  I got some lovely smiles and a chat to the nearly 4 year old.  They will be off to university before I get to see them or that is how it seems....

Later doing a bird watch.  We have two pairs of Yellowhammers at least.  Here is one pair


Fledgling Sparrows.  Goldfinch.  Starlings.



Hoping the weather is kind tomorrow and I can attempt some more weeding.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Our weather has taken a turn as well. I tried to go for a walk between showers and ended up getting caught in a downpour.

You are so very lucky to get all those bird visitors.

God bless.

Sue in Suffolk said...

How strange it now seems to see a group of people all together.

Weather down here is still very cold and windy

Podo said...

Red wine is too moody for me. It changes character too often and too quickly for me, except maybe chianti (in my experience).

The photos you share are wonderful!

Lynda said...

So glad you were able to get out!
I think the virus will be here for a long time due to all of the people here in the US eating out again, going to the beach, and having parties at home...so selfish...not surprising is that most are tRump supporters. No masks, either..
Lovely and cool here in the NE U.S.; have a tone of gardening to do plus weeding and planting.

Barbee' said...

I like seeing your birds. Some are same as what we have in Kentucky, U.S.A., but most are not. Interesting. Thank you.

DUTA said...

Unbelievable!
Those people in the picture with no masks and no distancing.
It looks like a family, still, it's against the guide lines.