Friday 21 February 2020

Trek to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.

I certainly got a walk today.  Up and down corridors.




Massive complex.

So I had blood taken from an artery in my wrist without oxygen.  The blood was tested straight after it was taken and printed out a report.  Then it was with oxygen and here the problems started as Derek could not get any blood.  I encouraged him to keep trying although I really think I should have got one of those 'I was Brave' stickers.  Eventually he hit gold i.e. blood.  That too was tested and a print out.

The upshot is things have changed and I now have to have 15 hours of continuous oxygen although these 15 hours includes when I am in bed and this is on level 1 - i.e. 1 litre.

After that I return to the pulse canister at level 2 for when I am active.

I just have to accept this.  No going back to not being on oxygen.  From now on in I start making plans to do things, to paint again.  To get a life.

So there you go.  A lot for me to take in.  Ever optimistic me though!

9 comments:

Mary said...

As you say, a lot to take in. Know you must be exhausted. Wishing you all the best on the changed oxygen regime.

Jules said...

I hope you begin to notice a difference. Xx

Jean said...

I hope this helps you

Beacee said...

Hope this works for you. Love, prayers and a hug x

Terra said...

I like your ever optimistic attitude, and nice to get those tests over and done so you can go forward.

kjsutcliffe said...

Once you know what is to happen then yes you can make plans, here is to you settling down and getting your paint brush up and running!

crafty cat corner said...

I for one will look forward to your painting again, I've missed it.
Briony
x

Gail, northern California said...

All you need is for something to work! Is that asking too much?

That's surely not unreasonable so stay steadfast, Jill.

Bless your determined spirit.

mamasmercantile said...

A lot to take in, hopefully you will start to benefit from it.