Monday 3 February 2020

Monday.

The DP was away before 8 .  I was up and on oxygen when my friend arrived.  She watched the finger effort move up numbers to acceptable oxygen levels and the pulse rate lower.  She was then horrified to see everything alter as I talked!

We go back a long way.  She got my breakfast.  She insisted on staying with me until the DP returned.  He was back late lunch time.  16 samples taken from his Prostate so he was uncomfortable.  3 weeks before he gets the results.

We went to the Prom.  It was seriously windy and I could not get out of the car.  So the photos are all by the DP.



Sea birds following the fish.



Into the harbour.



The Gull Gang.



Oystercatchers - Redshank on the left.  By the rocks.



An Oystercatcher fly past.  Museum of Scottish Lighthouses, Kinnaird Head in the background.



Another fishing boat on its way in.

My friend and I go back a long way to when we met in the Midlands and our children went to the same primary school.  We were neighbours.  She cared for my kids while I went off to college to become an NNEB Nursery Nurse.  I then returned the favour while she went to Uni and became a teacher.

We moved up here and they followed us.

She is now recently retired from teaching. Has to wait for her state pension. Her partner still works.  So good to catch up.  She also has COPD.  Very early stages.  Hopefully seeing me today has encouraged her to stop smoking.  

I am exhausted.



7 comments:

Chris said...

All's well that ends well and sounds like your day worked out OK.

kjsutcliffe said...

I had wondered through the day how both of you were doing, thought I'd check again just before bed. Good to see you here x

Jackie said...

Look at all the birds following the fish. They sure know a good thing when they see it.

God bless.

Tink said...

I started following your blog because I have family in Aberdeen, just down the road from you! I love the photos! I do hope that the oxygen is helpful for you.

Moira said...

I grew up in a household where both parents smoked I hated it. Neither I not my brother have ever smoked. I hope your friend does stop.

terry said...

I am so glad you had your friend with you yesterday.Best wishes to you and the DP. I am glad you purchased an oximeter and hope your endurance improves.

Meg said...

Glad all went well after all your worry about the day. I'm wondering what you did have for breakfast? As there were several comments with suggestions that were very easy I'm assuming it was the comforting presence of another person that you really needed, rather than food being made available.