Friday 7 August 2020

24 degrees centigrade.

Ye Gods.  But so it was.  Dark now and down to 21 degrees.  Tis hot.

Still not uncomfortable.  For someone who never could stand the heat - doing ok.

Personal carer this morning.  Now clean from top to toe.  So nice to chat to someone too.


Down in the Shedudio a Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly came to visit.

Next up was our Postie.  We did a social distance chat.  His partner has also been shielding as she has had breast cancer.  She had taken her kids for a meal - to Aberdeen.  They had had to go through the trace and track test and fortunately it was negative.  These idiots on a pub crawl have no idea how they are affecting other peoples lives.

The Postie had brought me some goodies.


My new business cards and a Mug.  



Well pleased.

After all that excitement I settled down to paint.


More on the Skurries/Herring Gulls.

Also some cellophane wrapping of a mounted painting.


Now in the shop on my facebook page.


The DP brought home a new bird bath he had purchased.  So far no bird has gone anywhere near it!

To the Prom.




Small boats toing and froing.

Look this way next.  My idea of beach hell.



But all having fun.  I managed to avoid everyone and walked. 

Hope you all had fun too and stayed safe.


9 comments:

Terra said...

Your new mug and card design are gorgeous, love those white geese you painted. I think the birds will soon discover your new bird bath, sometimes they are skeptical.

Chris said...

We were 27C today so you almost reached our heady heights. One question. On your business card your e-mail seems to start with "justjull" Is this a typo or am I reading it wrongly?

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

What wonderful treasures your Postie brought you today! I love them...Be well!

Jackie said...

You are so very talented. Love your mug and your new business cards.

God bless.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope you get some birds on the bird-bath to paint very soon.
Up in the 30s temps here yesterday. Stayed indoors as much as possible

Jules said...

I'm glad you got your walk today. Your photographs are such a treat and I love your new business cards. X

Chris said...

Love the mug and yes much too hot here, I'm sleeping with a fan on me.

Mum said...

Some people think that this virus has gone away. I'm beginning to think it's only me that thinks the worst is still to come. Hey ho.
xx

busybusybeejay said...

Love your mug and business cards.