Wednesday 1 July 2020

New technology.

I use a 'tablet' for my art.  I draw and paint from an image on the tablet.  Either my own photo or one I have nicked, with permission.  My tablet has died.  So I have been coming to grips with the new one.  With a lot of help from the DP.

Today I did it.


Back in painting.  I didnt realise how much painting really meant to me.  How not having it affected my mental health.

Thank goodness I am not yet too old and decrepit not to have got to grips with this new technology.

My trip to the Prom also improves my mental health.  And of course walking up and down the Prom is good for the physical side.


I do a lot of leaning on the railings and deep breathing, without oxygen.  I put the oxygen in when walking as it is to assist the right hand side of my heart which processes oxygen and doesn't work very well.  So its a prop.  Not sure what the night long at lower level of oxygen does.  Other than dry my nose out!  I would have been having home visits from the oxygen team and the machine that makes the oxygen by taking the oxygen out of the air would have been serviced, but none of these due to the lockdown.  I get a regular refund of the extra electric used for the oxygen machine to work.  All good.  But like many others I do feel isolated and abandoned.

I try and balance stuff.  A bad then a good.  Sometimes it doesnt work but most times it does.

At the end of the day.



Nature does not need technology!

10 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Fantastic skies.

The Weaver of Grass said...

First of all I find we lived quite close together when I lived in Wolverhampton - now I find you used to sit inLichfield Cathedral Jill. I lived in Lichfield for seven years and my son went to Lichfield Cathedral School. Such a small world isn't it.

Joan (Devon) said...

Nature is indeed uplifting. Take care and enjoy.

mamasmercantile said...

Those skies are stunning, a real feast for the eyes.

thelma said...

Keep busy Jill, your painting and visits to the prom every day inspire me and I enjoy my daily view of the seas in your corner of the world. Take care.

Tigger's Mum said...

You get some truly amazing sunsets at your latitude on what appears to be a regular basis. There is lots to enjoy in every day it seems.

The Furry Gnome said...

Getting out for a ride in my wheelchair certainly helps my mental health!

Ellen D. said...

My daughter is always encouraging me to stay positive and I think you do a good job of that. You know what works for you and you do what is needed to lift your spirits. I enjoy your visits to the Prom and the daily photos you share. Lovely skies! Thanks!

Jean said...

The skies are beautiful. Yes technology is useful but annoying too. Been too wet to walk here today. Supposed to be dry this evening but still raining. Might go out anyway.

Jules said...

Oh my! That sky looks as though it's on fire. X