Saturday 18 July 2020

Hot again.

Unfortunately I struggle to breathe easily when it is hot plus the humidity seems to remove the oxygen from the air.  Good that on the Prom all is well and it is only inland I struggle.

I am sitting here in the evening and every window on the ground floor is open.  Plus the side door to get  the air to flow through.


Here is Sith Cat in some of the shade.  Earlier this afternoon while I was in the Shedudio and painting.

Cait Sith is his proper name.  It is Gaelic for fairy cat.  He was a tiny kitten.  His foster Mum kept him in her bra.  He grew and grew though!  Shrunk a bit now.  The DP thinks it is the antibiotic jab causing the improvement.  But it has continued.  Talk about downs and ups......



Three Herring Gulls stood on a spit of sand in the sea.  Well they will eventually.



Hoping I can get this one right.  So far so good.

So in search of cooler breathable air.



Much better air.  But lots of people.  


Right where the Gull Gang meet.


They were on the sea though some came in to land.


Other delights a boat.


A fantastic kite.



And I did my walk.

9 comments:

Chris said...

The beagle is off to a wonderful start. I'm sure it will turn out well.

marlane said...

https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/4334923343397732154 I should have given a link to my blog Diary 6 California as I see that it does not come up in search !!

Tink said...

Thank you for the explanation of Sith Cats name - fairy cat would suit a lot of cats I think that have an ‘other worldliness about them! Fantastic kite and great photos as ever.

vic said...

Yes I know, humidity is awful. It's like breathing in solid water vapor. And I don't have any breathing difficulties so I can imagine how difficult it must be for you.

It's horrible here just now----humidity sky high and temperatures in the 90's with a heat wave for the next four or five days. Unfortunately this is only just a little bit hotter than a usual July in Indiana. Thank heaven for air conditioning!

Bovey Belle said...

I can't cope with humidity either. Glad you get some relief at the Prom. It's hot already here today, so I shall do my walk now.

Good news that Sith-cat is feeling a bit better.

Love the paintings.

Tigger's Mum said...

Great kite. Surprised you don't see more of them. It must be a great coastline for kite-flying.

Jean said...

The paintings look good. Yes sea air is so refreshing.

Morag said...

I just love every trip you make to the sea. It fills me with such delight to see the waves and the gulls and oystercatchers, and any boats that are passing. To get to the beaches of East Lothian or the East Neuk of Fife from here (Stirling) is about 1.5 hours plus. The River Forth is estuarial therefore muddy banks this far upstream. Thanks for sharing the prom trips. Such a joy, especially in the past four months of lockdown.

Lynda said...

It’s hot as hell here..” excessive heat warning”....feels like 99 degrees F. outside and very humid..I know exactly what you mean about the air being too heavy to breathe. Fortunately we have enough air conditioning that it helps tremendously.
Love the dog painting! Can’t wait to see it as it progresses!