Friday 6 March 2015

Trouble at Mill.

Been having some stressful times .  They do say March can come in like a Lion.... Well this Lioness has been doing some roaring.  For my sanity, mental health  and beliefs I resigned from the board of trustees at the Lighthouse Museum. 

 I am still a volunteer, and totally committed to supporting the Museum, but at management level there were a number of issues I was uncomfortable with. 

 So while taking a deep  breath from all that trauma I realised I was not actually able to take a deep breath.  Back on the antibiotics and in bed!!





In between lying down and groaning I set about sorting out the shedudio.  I hope to open it up, by appointment, and also join in the North East Open Studios event in September when the studio will be open for a week. Gulp.







Note I have not shown the rear of said shedudio as thats where I piled up all the rubbish!!

Still a lost cause for Kimono(?) actually Marie Kondo, apologies to her, finally googled it.  Still a way to go in sort of applying any method of tidying a working studio.  

Once I have a paintbrush in my hand there would  be serious trouble at mill if anyone interrupted me to point out I hadnt swept the floor.......




 



 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it takes guts to walk away from things sometimes.

Your creative space is amazing. Enjoy!

xx

BadPenny said...

Gives you more painting time Jill xx

Mum said...

Good for you - keep your sanity. I don't think you can fold works of art, can you? Very tidy brushes though!
xx

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tina, it takes courage to say no. It seems to me that you need to look after yourself, and that being a volunteer is probably doing plenty as it is. I love the shedudio! Just put a screen up over the back part - like the Wizard of Oz.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tina, it takes courage to say no. It seems to me that you need to look after yourself, and that being a volunteer is probably doing plenty as it is. I love the shedudio! Just put a screen up over the back part - like the Wizard of Oz.

Marjorie said...

Hugs. I love seeing the shedudio. I don't think creativity and tidiness work together . Get well soon wishes for you.