Sunday 20 February 2011

Tiny picture, tinier house.

This is the house we have chosen to move to. A nail biting time now while the solicitors earn their money writing to each other.
We first viewed the house in June 2010. I fell in love with it. On our second viewing it still ticked all my boxes.
But I still cannot get excited - not until the solicitors give me their permission!
Also, we are still working here running our bed and breakfast. So I cannot begin to sort and pack. Not good for guests to see patches on the wall where a picture once was.
Or empty shelves in our library. And have to climb over and around boxes.
At some stage we are going to have to empty the loft.......
So I am stuck twiddling my thumbs, champing at the bit, choose your own metaphor.
I feel like a catapult that has been pulled back ready to launch its missile and stayed pulled back.
I console myself with dreams of sitting in the (smaller) garden, sheltered by hedges (albeit mainly the dreaded leylandii) sipping a glass of wine. Not having to be alert and waiting to welcome paying guests.
This will have followed a day of totally transforming the tinier house!
My husband always says I have the patience of a gnat.

No comments: