Thursday 3 December 2020

Thursday .

 A hard frost.  Bitterly cold.

Our oil tank was topped up at the end of November and today I paid the bill by bank transfer.  A very reasonable £260 plus a bit.  Half a tank. The log pile was replenished recently too £95.  So we will be warm all winter.  Unless we do have problems with the boiler as it has not been serviced as I continue my hunt for a plumber...


You can see the frost still lying along the dunes.  It was still freezing this afternoon.  My walk was almost a full one but not quite as I was so cold.  When that cold it does affect my breathing.  Also the oxygen tank is a bit hit and miss in delivering the oxygen which can be quite scary.





Couldn't work out what was on this huge boat.  But it needed the Pilot to sail



it in to the harbour.  The Pilot is taken out to the big boat on the Pilot boat.  Which then tootles off.  The Pilot then takes over the controls of the big boat and gets it into the harbour.


Two small boats.


Oystercatchers.

Ploughing on with the Christmas Cards.  I am about halfway through the alphabet now!



6 comments:

Margaret Butterworth said...

You are very diligent with your Christmas cards. All mine will be electronic this year because of the slow state of postal service between Oz and the UK.

Jackie said...

Brr, even though it is sunny I can see by the frost that winter has arrived. Hope you can continue your walks on the prom for awhile yet and that you find a plumber.

God bless.

Jules said...

It must be reassuring to know you have a full tank of oil and a well stocked log pile. There's not much more satisfying than returning home to a cosy house on a chilly day. I hope you're able to get hold of a plumber soon. X

Jean said...

Looks cold but beautiful.

it's me said...

Oyster catchers are such beautiful birds.

Rachel Phillips said...

Not meaning to be pedantic but to service your boiler you need a boiler service engineer. Plumbers will not service boilers. They are often spotted around here in their vans and you can take down a phone number, or the Parish magazine they advertise, or I suppose on line but usually when looking for a local tradesman I use local knowledge, local paper or ask a neighbour for a recommendation.