Monday 19 February 2018

A Dreich Day.

Raining and never stopped.

This morning I spoke to the Eye Clinic.  

Can I wash my hair, the only way I can wash my hair is leaning over the bath and using the shower head?  

Yes so long as I do not get water in my eye..... Still thinking about that one.  

Two. Can I restart my Pulmonary Physio exercises which involve weight lifting, albeit only 1.5 lbs. NO. No weight lifting for some weeks.  Wasnt til I had finished the phone call I thought of the chariot.  Lifting it in and out of the car, and repeat and repeat.  Which I have been doing since the cataract operation...... Whoops.  Think I will just carry on.  (I do not remember any of these instructions following my first delivery of a bionic eye.)


Wet.  Misty. 

Seriously worried about getting rain water in the eye.  Despite sunglasses.  (I am sure everyone who saw me thought I was totally mad.)




Coming in to the harbour, out of the wet gloom, the Orkney Ferry.  Looking decidedly rusty.

Presumably going into the harbour to be spruced up somewhat.  Not sure what they do in the Orkneys while it is down here.


Back home the garden birds were feeding up.

Yesterday we had the return of the Grey Partridges!  


Thrilled to have them again. Hopefully regular visitors and babies too.

My sanity returned by my sojourn in the shedudio.  Painting.  Still wet.



Finding the walls round the stove are not getting hot the DP is now re-hanging some paintings.

All good.  And a better weather forecast for tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of precautions following surgery but worth it i'm sure,, the fire looks so inviting!

Jean. said...

I'm having a summerhouse/she shed. I love the word shedudio, and I love your fire. I'm thinking of what furniture to put in and what size building to have. Yours looks really quite large. What are the floor measurements if you don't mind me asking? Jean.

DUTA said...

Getting water in one's ears is even more dangerous. So, washing the hair (and I also apply henna once or twice a month) can be quite a project if we don't wish to cause damage to our sight and hearing.

justjill said...

Jean I will get back to you. Before the summerhouse there was a mobile home which the previous occupants lived in while doing up the house.So I have water and electric from that. I will get you the measurements. As regards the fire it must be done to building regs and fire safety.

Lynda said...

Your wood fire looks so cosy and inviting! xx

Jean. said...

Thank you. As regards the fire, yes we are aware of all the building regs and safety. I will have some form of heating, yet to be decided, but your need for such a luxurious fire is clearly greater than mine because of where you live, but we'll see. I live in the countryside in the middle of England, so my weather is clearly not as harsh as yours. I intend to make use of my summerhouse fully in spring, summer and Autumn, with the odd visit in winter, so will see what happens. How lovely to have electricity and water already laid on. Jean.

BadPenny said...

Love your Partridges. Husband uses the word dreicht too x